Recognised as the premier women’s choir in the Dorset area, La Nova Singers bring some of the most vibrant and exciting choral music to life in concerts across the South.
We perform an eclectic repertoire of classical, sacred, operatic and contemporary choral music. Our distinctive sound comes from our shared training in the ‘Bel Canto’ technique taught by musical director Michelle Nova.
The choir is made up of twelve soprano and alto singers.
Sing With Us!
A ‘come and sing’ day for upper voices, happening in April 2024
Conductor and Musical Director
Michelle Nova is a soprano and singing teacher who trained in London studying the Bel Canto technique.
Alongside her own singing, Michelle has become a highly respected teacher and has attracted singing students from across the UK and abroad. She established ‘La Nova Studios, Bel Canto School of Singing’ in 1998. It has since grown into one of Bournemouth’s most respected independent singing schools, offering masterclasses and technical workshops for voices at all levels; as well as one-to-one vocal tuition.
She has performed live on Classic FM and given recitals across the UK. Her first book ‘Bel Canto: Art and Science’, was published in 2014 by Compton Publishing.
Any questions? We’re here to help!
If you’d like to get in contact with La Nova Singers, send us an email – we’d be pleased to hear from you!
Here are some of the reasons you might like to talk to us:
- You’re organising an event and would like to hire a choir to perform
- You’re getting married (congratulations!) and would like something special sung during the service
- You’re a confident singer who’s interested in joining an ambitious chamber choir (if so, we like your style!)
- You’re not confident but you have a lot of choral experience and want to know what it takes to join a group like La Nova Singers (guess what – confidence isn’t a prerequisite! We’re looking for the right blend of voices)
- You’d love to come to one of our concerts or events, but are having trouble booking tickets
- You’re a movie mogul who wants to tell our story on the big screen… kind of like Fishermen’s Friends, but with more glitter and less… fish? (This is meant to be a joke, but we do welcome press and media enquiries!!)
- You sent us a message a while back using that ever-so-useful form on our website, but you never heard back from us and maybe that form was broken…? Oops! Please do email us, we’d never want you to think we’re ignoring you!!